WPEC 12

The Avis of Palm Beach County TV news, WPEC is second to WPTV in almost all aspects but definitely tries harder. Going on the air one year after its rival (in 1955), it took until June 2007 to finally oust the champ: WPEC had the highest-rated 11 p.m. newscast, marking the first time WPTV wasn't first in every news category. Another first: WPEC is the only station in the market to air a weeknight and Saturday 7 p.m. newscast. Since 1991, WPEC has been producing the newscast for the area's FOX affiliate, WFLX.

1 comment:

Anthony Cutaia said...

I worked here and LOVED it! The hours were long and late and I only had Mondays off, but hey that's news! If I could go back and do it again, I WOULD. You can't get this kind of experience anywhere else. Clients are always impressed with how well I direct them and the quality of my productions. I tell them I got my skills from working at News 12. Oh and Kurt Fonger is one cool dude!

- Tony C.